Welcome to Life Habit Four! Can you believe that we are half way through the challenge? I think this life habit is going to be an easy one. Although if you have some deadlines you are dealing with at work it may be a little tough. This week we are going to leave at least of two hour window of an empty stomach prior to bedtime.
We are going to have our bodies enter sleep in 'burn' mode, rather than 'store' mode. Hopefully we will see improved digestion and overall gastrointestinal health.
MAKE IT HAPPEN
- You must eat your first meal early enough to fit in your 5-6 meals each day, while still spreading them apart by 2-3 hours
- Stay hydrated to avoid 'fake hunger' from dehydration. Keep your water bottle bedside!
- Drink hot tea or your cranberry water mix if you have night cravings first.
- In addition to water, tea and cranberry water, you may drink one serving of some kind of re hydration drink. What you want to look for in this type of drink is something around 50 calories, and less than 12g of carbohydrates.
- By following the balanced meal prescription we have been trying to follow, you won't find yourself overly hungry in the evening.
- It is normal to go to bed 'slightly hungry'. This is a good thing, but don't let your last meal be several hours before bedtime.
- If you are seriously hungry before bed, you are either dehydrated or didn't eat enough calories in your first 3 or 4 meals. Drink some kind of re hydration drink.
- Those of you on Advocare Catalyst - take 3 capsules before bedtime to enhance your results!
Drink water, tea, cranberry water or re hydration drink as your only consumption two hours before bedtime.
There are 28 possible points this week: 12 cups of water, five to six mini meals per day, making those meals protein+carbohydrates and this weeks habit.
Once everyone turns in their life habit 3 points I will do a status post - I can see there is going to be some competition for third place!!! Be sure to turn them in -
Since we are talking about bedtime, I leave you with this precious picture of Jesse. He knows how important sleep is! Yes, that is MY pillow and yes all three of them sleep with us. It's the only place I don't mind the dog hair - weird eh?
Good luck this week and look forward to hearing from you!