This is the real deal people. It's not like this all the time but with everything that is going on I have horse blinders on and can only concentrate on the computer. It's amazing that I can actually concentrate in all of this chaos because normally everything has to be wiped cleaned for me to sit down and work again. Maybe this is a new '40' thing??
Today I will be leaving the confines of my house to go to this ones open house for pre-school. Can't believe how time flies. This new school year I will be on pick up duty so I have to learn the ropes - I keep thinking it's going to be like that scene in Mr. Mom...
Speaking of Mr. Mom, I was reminiscing about John Hughes and all of his movies I frequented during the 80s. Most of them I have on DVD and watch over and over again. Here are my top 10 in order:
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "He'll keep calling me, he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel guilty. This is uh... This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What - I'LL GO. Shit" [Cameron]
- National Lampoon's Vacation - "Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun. You know that" [Clark Griswold]
- Breakfast Club - "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." [Andrew Clark]
- Weird Science - "Maybe it was a dream, you know, a very weird, bizarre, vivid, erotic, wet, detailed dream. Maybe we have malaria." [Garry
- Some Kind of Wonderful - "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs." [Watts]
- Pretty In Pink - "Good Morning! Welcome to another day of higher education!" [Duckie]
- Sixteen Candles - "Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease." [Samantha]
- Mr. Mom - "I yelled at Kenny for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows. I'm liking them. I'm losing it!" [Jack Butler]
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - fav scene is when they untie the tree!
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles - "You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get." [Del]