I had some banana's that were over ripe so it was banana bread to the rescue! I tried this 1953 recipe from the Bisquick cookbook and it was so easy. Pre heat oven to 350...
- 1-1/3 cups of mashed very ripe bananas (this was 2-1/2 for me)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2-2/3 cups Original Bisquick
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I added this!)
Bake bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Since I made mine in mini loafs I froze most of them. Kirk and I like our banana bread toasted with butter on it - enjoy!