What are you going to find here:
This is a place where you are going to find a collection of thoughts, struggles and challenges. 'Where absurdity reigns supreme and a quick wit is the best line of defense.' [Chelsea Handler]
- Marriage - living in a society where I am supposed to be married and with 2.5 kids by now. I am married but no kids and no plans to have kids. I have no aversion to kids - I just know for sure that I don't want any of my own.
- Living Healthy - I am like many of you, I struggle with my weight even given my petite frame. I am 5'2" and could stand to lose about 30 pounds!
- Handmade & Homemade - I love all things crafty and struggle with cooking. I will share my experiences, tips & tricks and learn from my mistakes.
- Home - the on going changes of our 1700 sq foot cottage in suburbia hell.
- Fashion - I am a self admitted fashion disaster that doesn't come up for air when I receive my monthly InStyle magazine and a closet full of designer clothes. I was rescued several years ago when I enlisted the help of a stylist. It was the best money spent and I want to encourage others to find what they look best in.
- Photograhpy - most of this will be shared at DoxzenPetPhotos.com. But occasionally I will be doing some tips/tricks, what I have learned so far...
[image credits: Allison Tyler Jones Photography]
I married a Southern boy in 2000 and I learned that Southerner's have a lot of expressions. Some examples would be: "Katie bar the door!" Who is Katie and how do you bar a door? And "Frog Strangler"... this would be a lot of rain. Rain that comes down harder ... "It's rainin' like a cow pee'n on a flat rock". The one that always stuck with me was "It's All Part of Life's Rich Pageant". Which didn't originate in the South - in fact after some research I found it is an English idiom.
- 1964 film A Shot in the Dark...Inspector Clouseau opens car door and falls into a fountain. Maria: "You should get out these clothes immediately. You'll catch your death of pneumonia, you will." Clouseau: "Yes, I probably will. But it's all part of life's rich pageant, you know?"
- REM releases Lifes Rich Pageant in 1986. The source of the title is from the above movie.
- In the South it actually means 'losing one's mind'.
10 questions to get to know me: What's your favorite part of a typical day?
After 7pm, when the phone stops ringing and email dies down. It's when I get to spend time with the hubby - eating dinner, read, watch TV or a movie. Hopefully I don't have to work later...
What skill would you most like to improve?
Probably my computer skills - always striving to be more efficient.
What's the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Developing and reinventing myself
Who is the smartest person you know?
My husband - really!
What's the least glamorous thing you do regularly in the line of duty?
What keeps you up at night?
Besides my husbands snoring, the dogs wanting to go in and out of the covers.
Who gives you the best advice about your business?
See above - the smartest person I know. Also many mentors and peers. And myself: making mistakes and trying to avoid them the next time.
If you could go back in time and do one thing differently in your business life, what would it be?
Suck it up and do it alone
What about in life?
Work doesn't come before family and friends. If I could go back in time I would have spent more time with those that are gone now.
What do you look for in a friend?
Fun factor and they need to be passionate about something and connected.
What's the simplest thing you've never learned to do?
What to know more? You can email me! or formspring me below